The modular nature of URBANopt™ allows for freedom in developing and using only the parts relevant to your work. Keep in mind the following dependencies:
We recommend releasing gems in order from the base to most dependent. For each gem being improved, follow these steps:
- Increment version (if needed) in
- For gems with measures in them, run the following rake tasks and commit the changes:
rake openstudio:test_with_openstudio rake openstudio:update_measures
RuboCopon all PRs before merging to
- Remove .DS_Store files if any are in the repo
- If the gem has rdoc documentation, regenerate the rdocs
- Run the changelog rake task and add the changes to the CHANGELOG file for the range of time between last release and this release. Also make sure that all pull requests have a related Issue to be included in the change log.
No spaces around the commas! Paste the
Closed Issuesinto the CHANGELOG, matching formatting as appropriate.
- Merge pull requests to the
- Create PR to master
- Ensure all tests pass before merging
- Locally - from the master branch, run
rake releaseto release the gem to RubyGems
- Update the documentation with detailed usage and helpful examples
- On GitHub, go to the releases page and update the latest release tag. Name it “Version x.y.z” and copy the CHANGELOG entry into the text box.
- Link to relevant documentation URLs in release tags
- Update Compatibility Matrix as appropriate